Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eva Cassidy +

Here's part of an article from the Baltimore Sun about Eva Cassidy I intended to include in my Eva Cassidy comments but had one of my senior moments when I first wrote:

"There's a lesson in the legacy of Eva Cassidy -- that we make the effort to appreciate what's right in front of us instead of what's distant, what's instinctually attractive but not widely acclaimed. Sometimes the greatest talent and the most enduring beauty lives where we do. Sometimes the best things in life exist just down the road, and not in lofty places. Sometimes, when you're not looking at what's before you, you miss out."

My first thought on reading this was how well it applied to Nancy Hanson. I think we tend to turn up our noses at local talent just because they may not be on the radio. I'm trying to be a little more broad minded about that these days. Makes you wonder how many DC area people missed out on Eva during her lifetime. You can read the whole article at:

http://www.nikilee.com/evacassidy/eva_article.htm

No comments: