Saturday, May 16, 2009

Father's Day in May





We decided we needed a new weed whacker to take out the overgrowth that used to be our garden so we went to Lowes and got a nice Troybilt. It was last years model on sale and we also got 20% more off for taking the display because it was the last one left. Kathy used a gift card she got for Mother's day so it was really father's day for me! I guess her payoff was getting the weeds knocked down. I think I got the better of the deal. It's one of those manly tools kinda like a Sawsall - arrgh, arrgh!!! Too bad I didn't get a "before" picture. You don't really get a good idea of the job that thing did from the "after" pic. We also checked out Di and Sam's new railing. It's beautiful. Sam doesgreat work. We then went to Matt's second ballgame today. If we'd know he was pitching the 1st game we'd have been to that one instead. People gotta let us know! I also threw in a picture of our new bedroom ceiling fan. That was a real Mother's day gift. It fought me all the way. Who knew a ceiling fan could be a pain to install. Anyway, we're loving it. We're heading for a 90 degree day Monday so we'll really appreciate it. Don't have the swamp cooler hooked up just yet.

6 comments:

D. said...

I appreciate that attempt to put the Tim Taylor sound in your blog...at least I think that is what you're going for. Yep, pretty sweet railing. :)

Sandy Brunson said...

Nice job dad. But you should have talked with me before purchasing the weedwacker. Jacob had done some research with the consumer reports and all because we just bought one too. The yard does look nice though. Also liking the fan. I'm sure you will both be very happy with that.

MaryAnn said...

The yard does look good as does the railing and ceiling fan. Sorry to hear the fan was such a pain to install - ours were all so easy, but maybe that was because our house came pre-wired and with the supports built in. Anyway, good job.

Shae, Jay, and chillin' said...

I remember the weeds from my trip a month ago, so I can imagine the before. Way to go! Thanks for the picture of the railing, it is nice. Where are pictures of the ball game? Glad you had a good day.

Austin's Mommy said...

What exactly did Sam do with the railing? We're looking to save up for a new deck (like maybe next year) and were thinking about a metal railing - kinda like that. What do you think?

Dennis Carter said...

Sam made it himself. The "cage" part is wrought iron. You'd have to ask him where he got it and how he incorporated it into the railing.