Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Dad's Latest

After reading John's funny post I'm almost tempted to make a list. Just a passing thought. I'm sure I won't act on it!

I thought everyone would like to know Kathy's knee replacement went great. She even slept well in the hospital. That's a first. What a blessing. We brought her home yesterday on account of Stonehenge not taking our insurance. We thought she could use some more physical therapy before attempting the stairs in our home. Turns out she did much better than expected. It's weird, but she walks better with crutches than with a walker. Anyway, things are going well. I'm off this week to help her out. Hopefully by next week she won't require my constant help and will be able to get by with Josh and Matt's help.

I'm finally getting around to using the record to MP3 converter the kids got me for Christmas. It works really well for clean records. The simple software that came with it converts the record tracks into Itunes tracks. If you want to use the more sophisticated software that has noise clean up capability, it becomes more complicated. Being the lazy sort, I'm probably not going to mess with the complex stuff for now. Hard to believe it took this long to get Blood Sweat & Tears on my Ipod. If I'm as happy with this as I think I'm going to be, I won't need to purchase one of their cds or download their stuff. My record has all their songs I really like.

Since I've got some time at home I may just post a time or 2 more this week.

4 comments:

Sandy Brunson said...

Glad mom is doing well and I am also pleased to hear you are using the record mp3 thing. I may have to have some of those songs on my player.

MaryAnn said...

Sounds like things are going as well or maybe better than could be expected with Mom and her surgery. You should have plenty of time to blog during your vacation...

Austin's Mommy said...

What a cool gift. I didn't even know those existed.

Janet said...

Glad to hear Aunt Kathy is doing well. Isn't mp3 technology amazing?